I decided to take my project to the same name as my twitter account. I think this is a good name for what I want to accomplish. I bought publicartfound.com to continue this.
I built out some major features today:
- The user ‘activity feed’ is up. This is a feed that shows a users contributions on the site. For example, if they submit a post or make an addition/edit to an exiting post, they will have a record.
- Users can also now comment. This will be a contribute function, but for now, the ability to add text on the site is important.
- I re-added the “graffiti” or “piece” feature. I initially took out the ability to have a page on a single piece of art. I thought it was unnecessary with the focus on locations and artists. After the debacle with the “white flag” on the brooklyn bridge, I thought it was too good of a story to pass up. This feature could be used to track a press worthy piece, so people can discuss and share the various points around this.
- I integrated a instagram feed for “location” pages. The feed is a way to showcase the types of paintings that are currently coming out of the area. The feed’s last picture is an image that goes to a follow page for the @publicartfound twitter account.
This have a long way to go in regards to style and design. This is not a problem for me. I want to get the function out of the way before I get too caught up in the details.
Post note: I wrote this 5 days ago and placed it in the Queue. I didnt realize it took so long to process. Since then, Im at 421 commits and counting.